[Dibico Project Journal - Part 6]

[Back to part 5]

..[Part 1][Part 2][Part 3][Part 4] [Part 5][Part 6][Part 7][Part 8] [Part 9][Part 10][Part 11][Part 12] [Part 13][Part 14][Part 15][Part 16] [Part 17][Part 18][Part 19][Part 20] [Part 21][Part 22][Part 23][Part 24 Tuning]


trike
Lifting the engine.

You can call me stupid, but I think that I did put like 3 hours ONLY to figure out how to do just to lift the Heavy bastard of an engine out of the bike. When the solution came to my mind it was quite obvious. You see the photo. I had to build a beam with three lifting point to be able to lift it out of the frame. Then I put it on a table on the side of the bike.

trike
Welding the frame.
trike
My two engines.

Once again I had some things going against me. You see the "new" engine to the left, standing in the engine stand I used for the "Rhisonda"-engine. I tried to start it just to find out that some vital ignition-parts were missing. My guessing is that those were screwed into the car and therefore he forgot to take them. So what do you do? well, I decided to carry on and mount the engine to get the project going. Putting the engine start to a later point.

trike
When the engine was mounted I continued with some construction work. Here you see the brake pedal.
trike
Building on the front fork.
trike
Handbrake
trike
Passenger pedal
trike
The front end linkage.

Now it's starting to get hot. The pieces is starting to fall into places and I can feel that it is soon time to try to start it.

trike
Wanted to measure the temperature so I built a host for the sensor.
trike
Finally it was time to fire him up.

The start up was incredible! I didn't have to do much work at all. First I run the start-engine, and it didn't fire. Actually no fire what so ever. I made some thought to it and figured that the distributor could stand in two different ways for it to work or not to work. It was either one way or the other. Therefore I moved it and BAM.... he woke up with a lovely deep sound.

One of the first start ups of the trike.

trike
Letting him run for 40 minutes to see that he holds a healthy temperature.

2013

This was a year with a lot of progress. My parent had to move and so needed I. Therefore I spent the first weekends of the year building a new workshop. Then I went to move the project and some other workshop-stuff as well. They moved 20km away so I needed to load it up on a wagon. Everything went extremely well and Dibico got himself a brand new home. The year continued in the same good manner and the same day as the Swedish national day I was able to lift the bike down and put it on the ground. The day after I made the first test run, with a very special clutch pedal. Watch one of the first test run on Youtube.

trike
Time to move Dibico to his new home.
trike
This is the last time you will see this workshop Dibico!
trike
Everything loaded and we were ready to take off.
trike
The trip went smooth and we arrived outside the new workshop.

If you like or dislike the project please leave a [comment] [See part 7]


Watch my videos on youtube:

[Hampus Trike-Videos]