[Dibico Project Journal - Part 18]

[Back to part 17]

..[Part 1][Part 2][Part 3][Part 4] [Part 5][Part 6][Part 7][Part 8] [Part 9][Part 10][Part 11][Part 12] [Part 13][Part 14][Part 15][Part 16] [Part 17][Part 18][Part 19][Part 20] [Part 21][Part 22][Part 23][Part 24 Tuning]


Summer 2015

trike
My wiring diagram for megasquirt 1 V3.0, custom installation on Ford 5.0L with Ford TFI
trike
Now it was time to make all the last adjustments before painting. First thing was to remove Dibicos brain located underneath the seat. I was happy that i designed the electrical system in a box making it easy to remove from the frame.
trike
Okey, so up next i made som more drastical decisions. I decided that this tube on top of the frame needed to come of to make room for plenum and stuff. It was not the first time i made such a decision but still it was not easy to make.
trike
Many years ago i constructed this headlight, i am not going to use it for driving on the road, but i thought i better just construct som fastener for to try it out. I think it look kind of mean.
trike
Time to get the hands dirty and demount the hole bike, off with front end and back wheels!
trike
Next super hard decision to make was to cut this rear seat off! Actually i found out that the seat was not completly centered to the frame. When you stood behind it you got the feeling that it was leaning to the left. I could not stand that thought so it had to be corrected!
trike
This is how i found out that the rear seat was not centered.
trike
No rear seat and therefore no Shark fin!!... uhh ugly
trike
One lonly shark fin on the floor...
trike
Woala!! One centered mother fucker right there.
trike
I welded one of these nuts in either exhaust systems. This is were the lambdasond that measures Air/Fuel ratio will sit.
trike
Pulling it apart piece by piece.
trike
Time to get rid of the engine. Here you can se my solution on how to do it. I am really glad that i put that beam in the roof, it would have been really difficult otherwise.
trike
There you go, the engine is heavy but thanks to my system with beams and straps it was all done in 30 minutes or so after all the bolts were loose.
trike
The only thing thats was left then was a nice and clean frame waiting for some love.
If you like or dislike the project please leave a [comment] [See part 19]

Watch my videos on youtube:

[Hampus Trike-Videos]